Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have WinXP Home. Can I run IE 8 with TSL 1.2? Advise.?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sergieyes

sergieyes

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

Question:I have WinXP Home. Can I run IE 8 with TSL 1.2? Advise.
I have a Dell Dimension PC running XP Home, and also IE 8. I looked at the advanced tools menu and saw that it only offered TSL 1.1. I want better security that TSL1.1 which has been cracked,i want TSL1.2. Is there a freeware application I can down load easily,or a free Win. IE patch I can easily use? If so,tell me how,and if its complex,include key strokes,please. Feel free to elucidate for me if that seems required,I welcome education.
Best!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hi -

The nearest answer to your question that I can find is ->
Supposedly Opera supports and use TLS 1.2 by default, Windows 7 with IE8 supports TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 while defaulting to 1.0, while XP with IE8 supports TLS 1.
If I understand http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=90392 correctly Chrome uses NSS.

I hope that is similar to what you are looking for -

Regards -

EDIT - Link to full discussion -> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=0539619c98f85cbb&hl=en

Edited by noknojon, 04 October 2011 - 10:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users