Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting slow wireless speeds(used to get fast speeds)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drgonf

drgonf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

I have 2 computers and 1 laptop. I did a speedtest on the main computer (wired to the server) and it gets about 25-30 mbps on speedtest.net. My laptop gets about 10 mbps (which is understandable as it is wireless) But my other computer used to get these speeds, now its getting around 0.50-1 mbps. Any ideas on why this computer is getting crappy speeds?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fozzies

Fozzies

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

Do you have neighnours living close to you? it is possible if you do that they have set up wifi on a conflicting channel to yours. there is an android app called wifi analyser that would help you discover this, im sure iphones have a similar app too. if you do have this problem then you will need to adjust your routers settings to put your wifi onto a different channel, normally quite easy to achieve

due to the nature of radio waves, you may only suffer this in certain areas

Edited by Fozzies, 05 October 2011 - 11:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users