Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keep freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KiraxYamato

KiraxYamato

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

Hi BC,

I have a problem with my built computer. My computer keep freezing up at random spot, most of the time at the start-up. I can boot into safe mode and the recovery CD sometime if it doesn't freezes up half way. Sometime the computer would work fine for a day and next day it just go berserk.

Specs:
Windows 7 64-BIT
AMD Phenom II X2 560 [Had Phenom II 555 but I accidentally dropped it and broke it, but the 555 also had the same problem]
G.Skills Sniper (2)4GB DDR3
GigaByte NVIDIA 9500GT
PSU: Eagle ET-PSVTX500-BK
Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
500GB WD SATA

Voltage:
CPU temp: 33C
MB temp: 26C
VCORE Voltage: ~1.328V
3.3V Voltage: ~3.3V
5V Voltage: ~5.1V
12 Voltage: ~12.2V

I also attach the latest and only mini dump I can find and it direct it to the hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 carlhako

carlhako

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hi

I am new to the forum this is actually my first post :)

But i have been playing around with computers for many years. Its basically a process of elimination, you have already swapped the cpu so that rules that out. I suggest running memtest for several run throughs. There are a few ways to get hold of this. Easiest is a boot cd called ultimate boot cd http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ it has a few other tests like hdd etc which might be worth running.

#3 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Yes running the mem test is a good idea. The process of elimination I use to save time, would include pulling all the ram then test one stick at a time for a while to see results. If all the ram is good I would take out video card and run onboard video to see the results. then CD-ROM etc.

I use software testing alot on laptops, but with PCs you can tear it apart and put it back together pretty fast.

#4 KiraxYamato

KiraxYamato
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

you can take off Graphic card, just tried it with the onboard and it froze on the Starting Windows Logo. I will do a memtest now, well If I can since its freezing.

#5 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Do mem test with one stick of ram at a time, it takes less time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users