Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Patterson

Justin Patterson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

All right, so I saw a topic similar to mine, but I decided to make my own because my logs will doubtlessly be different, and none of the solutions suggested in that thread were of any help to me.

I got the Opencloud virus a couple of days ago when I let someone borrow my laptop, and first noticed it when the window popped up claiming that my computer was infected (obviously a scam). I went straight to MBAM to scan and remove, and of course Opencloud blocked it from opening. I then Googled the issue, and tried using the online guide here to troubleshoot. It seemed to work, but then Opencloud promptly returned upon a normal reboot. Here's a quick rundown of what happens now (bear with me, I'm a rookie with computer lingo but can navigate pretty well).

1. Rkill downloads and functions, but does not find anything.

2. MBAM will run for about 20 seconds after a new installation (which I've done countless times), but then disappears. I then cannot open it again, and it claims that "Windows cannot access the specified path...", etc. A new install is always required; rebooting doesn't help the situation.

3. Now, Opencloud does not give any messages at all, but it's still definitely on the computer, because occasionally it pops up in my programs or on my desktop.

4. I'm now worried that Opencloud has allowed other spyware to gain access to my computer, because now I am having the hidden file issue, where my Quicklaunch icons, desktop icons, and startup menu files are greyed out/vanish. Unhide.exe works temporarily but the problem returns upon reboot in both safemode and normal mode.

I have the same problem. I can't run any program for longer than 10 seconds that could fix the problem. I also have a strange .exe file running that I can't find the source of...3359132388:464897847.exe

This file runs immediately and even runs when I do diagnostic startup with msconfig. I am stumped.

Edited by hamluis, 03 October 2011 - 04:47 PM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

I also have a strange .exe file running that I can't find the source of...3359132388:464897847.exe

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.
Including a link to this thread will be helpful.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Justin Patterson

Justin Patterson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

I am having the same problem as mentioned here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic421661.html

I followed the directions given to them running rkill and malwarebytes, but I still have the same problem. This .exe file (presumably) stops the program from scanning after about 10 seconds. Is there a viable plan b?

#4 Justin Patterson

Justin Patterson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

I was finally able to update and run malwarebytes. It found several things wrong and fixed them, however, upon restarting I still have this mystery .exe file running that is just a bunch of numbers and cannot be terminated.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Follow my previous reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 Guest_sundar7701_*

Guest_sundar7701_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

@Justin Patterson

Follow the advice of broni

You have been infected with zero access rootkit and you like to fight with rkill and malwarebytes???? :hysterical: :hysterical:

Take the help of virus removal team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users