Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant install anything pc freezes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 adz63

adz63

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

ok the other day i opened a web page . i think it was www.ihav.net, i had mywot installed and it said it was a safe site , but when opening page avast came up with a warning about a virus and moved it into the chest . as a pre-caution i full scanned with avast and malwarebytes and it found nothing .. the next time i turned my computer on pctools firewall said some files had altered and kept coming up with boxes to allow things i have already allowed . as i could not fix this i advanced uninstalled pctools firewall with revo , but now when trying to install anything from comodo firewall to well just everything i have downloaded it freezes my whole pc . i have tried downloading hijackthis to get an analyisist to post here for someone to look at but that too freezes my com and the only way to do anything is hold the power button to turn off and restart . even clicking start and trying to open folders such as documents downloads etc freeze my pc too ... does any one have a solution to this . i have tried system restore to when it worked ok but still the same issue . i use ccleaner once everynow and again and have restored that back to a date when i know everything was working .

vista home premium sp2
acer aspire m1610
intel dual cpu e2160@1.8ghz
32 bit
2gb RAM

my com did not come with a disk so i cant do a repair install , i have a recovery disk tho but really am trying not to do a clean install as im on a limited data plan and downloading everything including all the sp1-sp2 updates will take up lots of my data

thanks for moving it to the right section moderator

Edited by adz63, 03 October 2011 - 04:37 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users