Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up a small home office

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kreker

Kreker

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

I have set up my home office and I just want to check if there are any mistakes, since I did everything "by heart". I did it for the first time, everything works, but I just want to know are there any "neater" or more less noob of doing this.

Posted Image

So, theres a HDSL box installed, its connected with twin cable to the converter. From converter theres a regular UPT cable going to the MikroTik router, which then branches with utp cables to IP phone, Apple Time Capsule and iMac.

MikroTik is connected to Time Capsules WAN port. Cisco SF100D port 1 is connected to Time Capsules LAN port 1, and Cisco's port 2 goes to PC's network card.

Any mistakes in y setup? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Not sure what you are using the time capsule for. I would have the cisco switch connected directly to the router. Then plug the PC and Mac into the switch
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users