Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant activate windows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 john11139

john11139

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

I got a used computer with a fresh installitation of windows7 (windows XP professional) sticker is still affexed to computer. Computer booted up fine, I used it for a few days and did not activate it, as I had another computer and was busy. Finally I seen a screen pop up that said ?? days to activate. I entered the COA code I was given. It was just hand written on a envelope. I could not read the writing very good. It would not accept the code I was trying to enter. I did the "jelley Bean download" and it did show that a code had been entered and gave the number. But it still wont activate. Should I do a fresh installitation and enter the correct code that shows up by using jelly bean. Could I have entered the wrong code too many times and it wont work now. I called Microsoft and they said it was not a good #. I get different answers from them. One fellow said that all I need to do since I was up grading from windows XP (with the sticker still affxed) to Windows7 home premium, is to use the COA on the sticker (from XP) and that would automatically use that code that I was eligable for the up grade. The screen has finally turned black, that says I might have a counterfit copy. I still have acess to the computer and can still log on and even get on the internet. I understand that you will get this messag regardless if not activated. I took the disc to a computer store and they said it was genuine and from the description I gave Microsoft, they said it appeared to be genuine. So I am wondering if the COA that shows up on this computer was used before. (it is not the same code as affexed on the computer from the XP) Microsoft also said that if it did not have the orginal XP provided by Gateway still installed on it the up grade would not work. I hate buying a complete Windows 7 again as the computer is not worth that. So should I try reinstalling Windows 7?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

Why are you starting a 2nd thread on the same subject?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic420169.html/page__p__2417746#entry2417746

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

Topic closed, duplicate.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users