Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ALL DESKTOP ICONS LOST!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Myq

Myq

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

Been trying to combat some issues, my previous posts can be found Here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic421638.html/page__p__2427839__fromsearch__1#entry2427839
and
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic421645.html/page__p__2427966__fromsearch__1#entry2427966

While I was running my GMER scan, I started to have a huge issue with another virus. "Data Restore"

I ran MBAM to remove the virus, which I have done successfully, but now all of my desktop icons are completely gone, all my shortcuts on my bottom bar are gone, as well as the ones on my start menu. Had very important things in the folders on my desktop, and now they're all missing.

PLEASE HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

You need to post to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section of this site.

The malware removal experts there will be able to help you fully clean your system, hopefully as well as recover your lost items.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 Myq

Myq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Copy that. Thanks.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

Open MRL topic, post closed to prevent confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users