Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lspfix Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Timbermoe

Timbermoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:35 PM

Hey there,

I have a problem with my internet which microsoft and comcast are unable to figure out. Although microsoft removed my "microsoft visual c++ runtime error", the internet will only operate through IP addresses and NOT URLs.

My question to all of you is, could I have caused this issue by deleting LSP modules through the LSP fix program. Chances are I deleted whatever came up on the screen, I did it a while ago and cannot recall what exactly I did. So if you can, point me in the right direction

Thanks for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Timbermoe

Timbermoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hey,

I have a problem that microsoft has somewhat fixed. Here it is now, I can only browse through IP addresses(this was determined with the help of microsoft) and not through URLs. Comcast told me that the DNS server was all set.... My question is would deleting an LSP through "LSPfix" cause my internet to behave this way? If so could you please tell me how to restore the LSP module(s) that I deleted.

thanks for your time

PS I'm running on a Dell with Microsoft XP home edition SP2

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:41 PM

It sounds like a DNS problem to me. What DNS IP addresses are you pulling with ipconfig /all ? Are you uing a router? Are you assigned a Static IP or Dynamic IP?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:02 PM

I merged these Topics. While close, they have enough different information to warrant leaving both instead of deleting one. Post #3 was made before the second Topic was found.

Acklan

Edited by acklan, 24 January 2006 - 05:02 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users