Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Boot in Windows 7, Problem in Boot Manager.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Siva_Lovable

Siva_Lovable

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi,

In my hard-disk i have total 4 partition ©:windows, (D):data, (E):HP Recovery Manager and (F):Windows 7. Therefore Initial Stage where Windows Boot Manager loads i use to get two option whether want to load from windows 7 or Windows vista.

But some few days back my pc were infected with trojon, etc. Then i used HP Recovery Manager to restore my PC to default factory settings. After re-installing Windows Vista from the Recovery manager, I reconize that i am unable to boot to my Windows 7. I think Boot Manager has been disturbed. If i place Windows 7 DVD then windows files load and then hangs for few mins and then message displays that

"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred."

I dint Attach any removable storage to my pc.

I have tried EasyBCD 2.1, but installation stops in middle and program exits without installing it.

Therefore how to boot from Windows 7 and fix the Boot Manager, where i can load in both the windows version.

So can anyone help with it as soon as possible, because need to update many office files.

Thanks in advance,

Bye

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users