Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Bad Image errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mythical1

Mythical1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

I was running Xilisoft Convert X to DVD (which I have run many times before) and the

machine locked up. After a few hours I turned the machine off manually and restarted the

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit machine (yes my windows is legit) and got the following messages:

Userinit.exe - Bad Image

C:\windows\system32\USERENV.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an

error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact

your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I get the above error and will get to the logon screen, after I enter my password I will

get the error again and then these errors will also pop up after I enter my password to

login:

mpnotify.exe - Bad Image

C:\system32\RpcRtRemote.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an

error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact

userinit.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\System32\USERENV.dll. is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an

Eventually the screen will go black and with a moveable cursor but, At no point do I

actually get to my desktop where I have access to my icons or the start menu or anything,

even in safe mode. I have scanned the drive for viruses on another machine and found

nothing. I can Access the drive normally by using the f8 key and selecting "Disable Driver

Signature Enforcement", This has to be done everytime I restart the computer. I have also

scanned the drive with Norton internet security 2012, Malwarebytes, Super antispyware, and

Spybot S&D, none of which found anything other than minor spyware and tracking cookies.
I have also done sfc scannow, and tried a startup repair from a restore CD, installed

registry mechanic and ran registry repair and optimization with no change to the errors,

and copied all the effected files from another Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit installation

without change. Does anyone have any suggestions on further actions to correct these

issues. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users