Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hyper transport sync flood error on ADVENT PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thabiz

thabiz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hi, I recently got a refurbished Advent Centurion CBE 1401 from a well known PC store, but it has on afew occasions crashed and rebooted for no apparent reason and yesterday whilst I was playing a game it crashed with vertical lines and then Hyper transport sync flood error. This seems to of been a problem with this PC according to google results
(such as this http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110101102208AA0fFrJ
and this http://www.adventsupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7065 )

This PC is overclocked by the manufacturer and it has AMD overdrive installed, perhaps they did a bad job at overclocking it and its unstable, but I dont have a clue how to set it right. So I thought I would see if a BIOS update would help. So I found out my current bios is "American Megatrends Inc. 080014, 18/12/2009" So I went over to Foxconn's website and bios download page for my Foxconn A7VMX-K, but the latest bios they have for download is from 07/30/2009! Why is this? I then noticed foxconn have a "FOX LiveUpdate" tool, so thouhg it would try it and it also says that I have the AMI 18/12/09 bios and still suggests the 07/30/2009 bios. Should I install the suggested bios even though it is dated older? How can I make this PC stable, any idea on ideal settings I could change to in amd overdrive?

Thanks in advance thabiz. :)

Here is a link to the bios update page on foxconn site http://www.foxconnsupport.com/download.aspx?models=en-us0000373&category=C000000001&series=en-us0000008&keywords=&sort=BIOS

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550BLK (3.1GHz overclocked to 3.4GHz)
Motherboard: Foxconn A7VMX-K
Chipset: AMD 780V + SB700
Memory: 4GB DDR2 (2 memory slots. Max 4GB)
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD7500AADS-00M2B0 750GB SATA
CD Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N ATA
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB
Sound Card: Realtek ALC662 High Definition

:huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

hi,the 2 google links you provided suggest going into the bios and making some changes ,like trying to set the bios to default setting ,that may be the normal clock setting of the cpu ,did you try doing that

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 thabiz

thabiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

Yeah Ive managed to set it all to stock settings, so far so good. Although its a shame i loose the overclocking oomph that the manufacturer promised me. Oh well I did only pay 169 for this PC so I cant grumble. Thanks for your help caperjac and hopefully it will stay stable.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

yeah,overclocking is just a selling gimmick ,in my opinion ,most of us wouldn't even notice the small increase .

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users