Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor going to standby/computer restart during games

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Amswickard

Amswickard

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

As the title says I've recently encountered a problem where when playing graphics intense games my computer's monitor will go into standby, followed by the system restarting a few moments later. This is not a case of the card overheating for two reasons. 1: The problem did not occur until I downloaded the Battlefield 3 demo and EA's new Origins launcher, other games that it is now shutting down on me with I have been playing for years without a problem. 2: The computer shuts down within moments of entering a game, not enough time for the card to gain a significant amount of heat. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing this it would be most appreciated.

-Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit
-ASUS M4A785-M AMD 785G Socket AM2+ Motherboard
-AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz AM3 CPU
-6 Gigs Ram
-Ultra LSP450 450w Power Supply
-Radeon HD 6870

I have noticed that during idle it is using around 2 gigs of memory, I've never paid attention to this before though so I can't tell if it is significantly more usage than normal or not. perhaps my power supply has gone bad and it's just bad timing? I've heard bad things about Ultra products before.

Edited by Amswickard, 02 October 2011 - 01:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users