Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed Connections

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Famous2005

Famous2005

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:38 PM

I find myself regularly looking up music on Amazon.com to check out new bands and what not,well the other day,I tried Signing into my AIM Messenger and i couldnt connect..later that day,i was on amazon trying to preview songs and my player couldnt establish a connection,now i know its was a problem because i got suspicious right away,I ran all my programs and rebooted..as soon as i did all my connections where fine,well it happened again,yesterday i couldnt sign in or stream music/videos...what could be the problem??..Thanks and I appologize if i made a mistake in posting here. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hello Famous2005 and welcome to BC.

I ran all my programs and rebooted.

What programs did you run?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Famous2005

Famous2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:00 PM

I ran Ewido,Norton Anti-Virus,Spybot and Ad-Aware.

another thing i noticed was that i could not update any of those programs,again its like something was blocking all connections outside of the net and i did not have a Firewall running.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:19 AM

Well the first thing to do is get a firewall and stop any further programs from being installed without your knowledge.

Firewalls
Zone Alarm
OutPost Firewall Free
Jetico Personal Free

Many of the "better" malware programs will prevent you from updating your security programs and some even stop you from accessing sites that can cure these problems. I'd suggest that your level of infection indicates you should post a Hijack Log for our Team to review. Please see our Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and try to follow the instructions there but if you can't complete them just post a Hijack log and mention the difficulties you are experiencing.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Famous2005

Famous2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

Alright thanks,well i do have ZoneAlarm but i disable it when i use a messenger because the connection is blocked and strangley i dont have the option of letting it connect,it just denies the connection,but thanks,My problem has gone away as of now...Ill try and keep my firewall on at all times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users