Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalling windows7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 john11139

john11139

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

I have a old computer with low memory and low capacity on hard drive, it orginally come loaded with windows XP and up dated to windows 7. I got the Windows 7 home premium up grade disc with it, I didnt get the COA# with it though, but I found the COA# by using "jelley Bean". Everything works fine on it. I got another newer and better used computer that has windows XP professional on it. (with COA# attached) Can I take the windows7 up grade disc, install it, (which I have) then can I take the COA# from the first computer and use it to activate it then destory the first computer so I dont have it on two computers. Or is it fixed with microsoft so that you can active only 1 computer 1 time. Will the windows7 upgrade disc work on multiple computers as long as you have a new COA# for each one. Or would the COA# authorizaation be the old # on the Windows XP sticker still attached to each computer? (Since this is a upgrade)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

Can I take the windows7 up grade disc, install it, (which I have) then can I take the COA# from the first computer and use it to activate it then destory the first computer so I dont have it on two computers.

no you cant ,

Or is it fixed with microsoft so that you can active only 1 computer 1 time.

yes it is ,well maybe ,i have in the past taken a copy of win7 off of a computer tower and install it on my laptop ,but had to call microsoft and explain the original computer died ,and they let me use it on the laptop ,the old computer was not an active windows install at the time i did this

Will the windows7 upgrade disc work on multiple computers as long as you have a new COA# for each one.

yes it will ,or at least it should .as long as you have a good 2nd upgrade key

Edited by caperjac, 02 October 2011 - 08:49 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users