Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant recieve/Cant send emails

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PaulieBurns

PaulieBurns

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

I have a strange problem, it seems that I either cant send emails or that I cannot recieve some of the emails being sent to me and its always seems to be those critical emails that doesnt get throygh. I have tested multiple email-services (like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo etc) but the same
situation occurs:

1. I email a client and ask a question
2. I get usually a pretty fast reply back
3. At this stage I often send the client a link or a smaller image-attachment
4. No response from the client
5. I try to email the client back, sometimes multiple times (asking them if they ever got my message, that is #3)
6. Still no reply
7. At this stage I often stop trying to contact them because I dont want to be on someones back especially since this is business-related.

This have occured some 8-10 times now.

Ok some might of you say "well they just dont happen to answer of various reasons", well I have also thought this but the procedure is always the same, its too systemized to be just of a mere coincidence in my opinion but maybe I am wrong.

I have reinstalled my OS 2 times, I have checked with anti-virus program etc but no solution. I sit on wireless network with a router, my own.
I have also checked spam-filters and if my emails are being redirected/forwarded to another email etc...

This problem getting really tiresome, what could the problem possibly be? Or is it a problem at all?

Edited by PaulieBurns, 02 October 2011 - 06:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

If you have tried the exact same procedure on sites like Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail, but through a different computer and still experience the problem, then it's just the recipient who isn't responding to your messages.

5. I try to email the client back, sometimes multiple times (asking them if they ever got my message, that is #3)
6. Still no reply

Makes it even more obvious.

To confirm that you don't have a problem sending/receiving emails, just create two different email accounts from two different Email providers and try sending messages to each account and respond from the other. This should work just fine if there aren't any problems.

Just my 2 cents.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

The problem seems to be in step 3, since a normal reply (2) seems to work. Does this happen on an absolutely consistent basis, and are you using an E-mail client (application on your computer) to read and send replies? What happens if instead of replying to a response to your original E-mail, you compose and send a completely new E-mail to the customer?
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 PaulieBurns

PaulieBurns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

I have tested to send from one of my email to another, but no problem here. I have used another computer too for this but this computer is in my home-network.

The problem seems to be in step 3, since a normal reply (2) seems to work. Does this happen on an absolutely consistent basis, and are you using an E-mail client (application on your computer) to read and send replies? What happens if instead of replying to a response to your original E-mail, you compose and send a completely new E-mail to the customer?

While I have gotten a first conact with the customer - the problem is on a consistent basis, but no connection to a specific email-service etc.

I doesnt use any e-mail client software.

I havent tested to compose a new email when I have answered, I could test this next time.

Edited by PaulieBurns, 02 October 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#5 PaulieBurns

PaulieBurns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

I forgot to add that I have also called one customer (for another reason) last week on thursday and he said that he was going to send me an email, maybe he havent sent it yet but I havent recieved it yet which then might give us some more information regarding this problem, that is - my emails maybe get through but when people send back I dont get them.

Edited by PaulieBurns, 03 October 2011 - 05:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users