Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail acct not opening in Firefox browser

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 seediss

seediss

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

I'm trying to check my email acct with hotmail and when I click to read the mail it won't open. It seems like most of the site froze except for when I click Windows Live logo it will refresh the page. Everything else I click won't open. How do I fix this? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 seediss

seediss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:14 AM

It was working earlier in the day. I can check my email in explorer though but I mainly use firefox.

#3 ngм

ngм

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

Have you tried to get into Hotmail from a different browser? If it works in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox, or visa versa-- you may simply need to clear your cookies and cache. Check out Ccleaner: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
Nosce te ipsum.

#4 ngм

ngм

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

Another issue may be (assuming you're using firefox) that an add-on is preventing you from accessing certain pages (in this case, your hotmail inbox). Try disabling all add-ons, or starting firefox in safe mode.
Nosce te ipsum.

#5 Kalua

Kalua

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, I have this same problem. I have tried clearing cache/cookies, I have used 3 different browsers, on 2 different computers, same thing. I can only open my hotmail account on another network using another computer (not one of the 2 I first mentioned) ...

#6 Kalua

Kalua

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ok so I used minitoolbox, thought it had worked, Hotmail finally loads! but then, I can't click on anything!!!! All my emails are there, but I click on them and nothing happens!!! And it will only load in Opera, not Firefox or Internet Explorer ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users