Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no sound on hp computer please help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Greg-.-

Greg-.-

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

hi all, i am in need of help. i have downloaded the drivers on my manafactures web site i even deleted the driver and still no sound. below is my computer and its specs thanks for all they help you can give me.

hp dx5150 sff

once again thanks.. i see the sound icon in task bar but its on high and still no sound i plug head phones in and even speakers still no sound thanks for everything .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ngм

ngм

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hello, I think you may have done it out of order. First, try uninstalling your drivers. Then clean your computer with ATF Cleaner, or Ccleaner. BC doesn't like people talking about cleaning the regestry, but for this issue, you may have to do so. After you have uninstalled the driver and cleaned your temp and reg files with Ccleaner-- reinstall your drivers. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=447470&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=447468&taskId=135 And restart your computer.
Nosce te ipsum.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportManual&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=447468#8

Download/go through the section for audio problems.

Louis

#4 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

BC doesn't like people talking about cleaning the regestry, but for this issue, you may have to do so

As you apparently know, registry cleaners are not suggested.

Greg,

Do not use any sort of registry cleaner on your system. It will likely cause more problems than it fixes.

Follow the link hamluis provided and let us know the results.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#5 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

to let something 'fix' your registry isn't safe, for the reason that you
don't know what it will be deleting, or if the file or regkey is important. i only use the
regcleaner part of ccleaner for identifying problem areas. they have a path,
so you can find the program and google what to do about it.
ccleaner has many uses, and cannot be discounted as a valid tool (if used wisely).

Edited by cogs10, 03 October 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#6 Greg-.-

Greg-.-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

i did everything you said and still no sound. the driver is installed just no sound

#7 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/no-sound-in-windows

Try the suggestions put forth within the site above.

#8 ngм

ngм

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

BC doesn't like people talking about cleaning the regestry, but for this issue, you may have to do so

As you apparently know, registry cleaners are not suggested.

Greg,

Do not use any sort of registry cleaner on your system. It will likely cause more problems than it fixes.

Follow the link hamluis provided and let us know the results.

Yes, I know. Ccleaner is not an entire reg cleaner. It also cleans temp files far better than ATF.
Nosce te ipsum.

#9 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Bad hardware. If it's a standalone card, try it on another computer. If it's built into the motherboard either buy a standalone card if you have a spare PCI port or replace the motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users