Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help deleting program

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 momo2

momo2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hi guys,

I have a program called openoffice I think it got in by a trojan and I cant delete from the control panel can anyone help me with this problem thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

OpenOffice can come bundled with Java Updates, so I doubt it came from Malware.

Try the following:

Here is how to use Revo Uninstaller:

1) First we download it from here: Revo Uninstaller Free Version. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help.

2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs:

Posted Image

3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option:

Posted Image

4) Select the Advanced mode, and this will start the Uninstaller Window for the application you picked.

5) Follow the Prompts during the Uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window:

Posted Image

6) Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed is presented, you will be presented with this window:

Posted Image

You will only want to select the bolded items and click on delete. Once done click next.

If it asks you to delete other things and files then do so. But pay attention to the warnings.

#3 momo2

momo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

thanks got rid of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users