Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Business website hacked?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Seno86

Seno86

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum so if I am in the wrong place please point me in the right direction. I have a small business website that I believe has been hacked and the guy that works on the site for me has not been too fast and helping me solve my issues. The symptoms were that a display setting was changed and now when you go to look at some of my products it says that an object is downloading a dangerous url. I am not too much of a computer guy but am concerned for potential customers security. The website is www.jandjtackle.com and the products affected are "Jigs" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

What links are you referring to in the Jigs?

ALso what security applications are you using?

I do not get your symptoms when I go to your site.

#3 Seno86

Seno86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

Here is a link where the warning comes from my girlfriends computer is picking it up mine is not warning me http://jandjtackle.com/product_info.php?products_id=99 you will see in the status bar when the page is loading it says http://willysy.com/images/banners and kapersky says the object has a dangerous url. As far as the website itself I am not sure what sort of security is being used.

Edited by Seno86, 01 October 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Well you have an iframe infection, and I would recommend going through all your source code and database and clean it up and also:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.willysy.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

So the site in question does not even exist anymore.

#5 Seno86

Seno86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

So I'm a little confused but that's ok I did not do the site. I would like to know what I should tell the guy that did do the site so he can get it fixed and since neither you or I can load www.willysy.com is there any threat to my customers?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Tell them the above, and it should be easy for them.

#7 Seno86

Seno86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

Ok thanks I really appreciate the help I'm running a business out of my garage so I don't have a tech team or anything so your help has been amazing. Also is there any imediate threat to my customers because if there is I need to warn people. I dont know if you can tell that or not from what you have seen but it would be good to know.
Thanks again.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

Being that the server is unreachable there is no apparent real danger, but warning them would be a courteous gesture.

#9 Seno86

Seno86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

Awesome Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users