Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Responding problem and delay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lukalu456

Lukalu456

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

My computer is a Vista Home Premium from 2007. It has the service pack 2. I also just got the latest java. It's been doing pretty well for an older computer, but it consistently has this "not responding" problem. This happens on all the programs I'm running, including the notepad, Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer, individual web pages, things in the computer like the system tray...it affects everything with a window. It will say at the top of the window the name of the program, and in parentheses, it will say (Not Responding) like that. I have to wait a minute or so and it usually clears up. I know the delay occurs because it's trying to do something else, but I don't know what it's doing. How can I figure out what's slowing it down? It didn't used to be such a problem but sometimes now I can hardly get the computer to function. I have to restart a lot, which does seem to help. Often I can't shut programs down very quickly and I can't get menus to work, so restarting takes a long time too. I notice it does follow the commands I'm giving, but they are delayed. The delay might be 30 seconds to a minute. Thanks for looking at this!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

What hardware specifications is your computer running win vista? It could come from hardware/software or infections when this behavior occurs.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users