Windows XP S_P 3.
Avast! 6.0.x (completely up to date)
Slow Boot and generally slow - ?age? (2007)
1. Read in the Autoruns Forum, apparently this program can do registry damage:
“How to uninstall Autoruns???” -- 4th post down
So I hesitate to use it.
2. Under Msconfig start-up there is a blank entry - checked
Command – nothing
Location: - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mocrosoft\Windows\CurrentVer … I cannot see further.
I have 2 other PCs (a Windows XP Pro S_P 3; and a Windows XP Home S_P 2) neither have this blank item.
The 3 are physically networked only; (get same email)
I ran a full virus scan, a boot scan and a full Malwarebytes (up-to-date) and all are negative.
Aside from being something horrible, I installed an HP photosmart 9/14/11
I have disabled whatever I can from start-up - only have avastUI, ctfmom, nvCpl and the blank entry checked. (4 total checked)
Maybe blank entry has something to do with the HP software?
1. I cannot look up (find) the blank entry in the Startup Programs Database.
2. How can I expand or view the actual location of this entity?
3. Is it *safe* to uncheck it?
Thanks in advance!
And I have not asked this on any other message boards.
Edited by XtanyaX, 01 October 2011 - 10:40 AM.