Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im Not Sure If You Guys Can Help Me But Its Woth A Try...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Incentive

Incentive

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:25 PM

Any one know anyone who can fix my computer? Will pay big bucks$$$$

Payed $3,000 for a computer got an extended full 6 year warrenty on it i bought it from Alpha computers its an amazing computer but since I bought it 8 month ago it kept crashing on me

So I took it back to them to fix they said they fixed it but a week later it crashed saying all this stuff on the screen. I took it back seriously 7 times and they said they fixed it each time but it still crashs after a week and I dont know what to do. I took it to futureshop to fix but they guys charged us for all this sh*t and said they have no idea what could be roung. So then we took it to a computer customizing place they charged us for all this bleep but had no idea how to fix it. Then I took it to london drugs and guilford and they CHARGED ME BUT NEVER FIXED BLEEPING S*IT I have a 6 year warrenty and the guys keep telling me they dont know what roung and they wont take it back so now i have a $3000 computer that wont work for more then one week

I have payed about $200-$500 to every one but know one can fix it ahhh so frustrating

Any one know any Place that knows how to fix a computer?

(edit)

Ok guys I will explain in more detail about my comp and what has happened

Here are the Problems

Step 1) When I first bought it I brought it home plugged it in and listened to a few songs talked a bit on msn then about 1 week later I was listing to some music and the computer screen turned all blue with a bunch of numbers and stuff I was like wtf so I reset the computer and started playing again it was all normal for 3 hours then it crashed with the same blue screen and wouldn’t turn on again when I tried to start it it wouldn’t load windows or do anything.

Step 2) So the next day I took the 1hr drive to alpha computer to fix it they said there not sure what it was so they reformatted the computer and gave it back it worked perfect. Then 1 week later it repeated (step 1). So I took it back to alpha computer and they looked it over reformatted it and gave it back then 1 week later it repeated (step 1). So frustrated I took it back and they said they had no idea what was going on so they gave me a new computer (at least I think they did) then 2 weeks after owning the new computer (step 1) happened. So I took it back and they changed the dual 512 ram sticks and a few little fans and what not. Then again (step 1) happened.

Step 3) So I took it back and they left it on for 2 week straight with a movie playing to try and make it crash because they wanted to see what originally happened but it never crashed but when I took it home (step 1) happened then we called them but they blocked are number so my dad got pissed and when to a 30year old custom computer place in whally. And told him about the screen and crashing so they Changed the power supply and gave us this really expensive one and they said they fixed but when I took it home ii (step 1) happened Im like wtf so I took it back to them there like we don’t know what wrong with your comp we asked for a refund they said no.

Step 4) We took it to a second computer place in Guilford they changed around the cooling fans and changed a few wires and stuff charged us some money we left and guess what it bleeping crashed again. Then friend from future shop tried a bunch of bleep guess what it crashed again. Then a few people here and there we knew told us they had no idea how to fix it.

The computer was personally looked at buy about 25 long time computer professionals 10 amateurs and a bunch of random people.

It is not.
1) virus
2) bad connections
3) bad wall outlet.
4) heat. (Has a good fan)

Edited by KoanYorel, 24 January 2006 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rizin

Rizin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:44 PM

Wow, bad luck. The only thing I can suggest (which is what the shops should have done), is switch each component until you find the guilty partner. Oh, and by the way, I highly doubt they gave you a new PC if it is having the same EXACT issues ;). If I were you, I would go have a few words with them :thumbsup:.

#3 Incentive

Incentive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

? They told me it was a new pc and they threw out the old one?

why cant anyone fix a computer these days :thumbsup:

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:02 PM

Could you give us a run down on the parts, including the model numbers? Processor, RAM, motherboard, Graphics card, hard drive,...
Does the BSOD give error codes or does it just shut down? Pull all of the cards and reinsert them. You may have a bad connection. I know this sounds simple but since we don't know what they did we have to start with the basics.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

Maybe the motherboard is shorting, and you need to put plastic washers between the motherboard and its case standoff. This is a cause of similar blue screen problems.

Also, it is unlikely, but have you noticed that the computer is crashing during certain programs, after a certain time, doing certain things on it, etc? If you have noticed a pattern, then your cpu core might be damaged. If only a small part of the core is damaged, the cpu will still work, but when a specific task is assigned for it to process, it might be routed to the bad part of the core, and thus causing your blue screen. (Because the cpu cant process it)

Hope this works, -Nick

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:41 AM

The first thing that I would do is bring it back to Alpha computers and ask for a replacement rather than a "fix" - since it's apparent that the fixes haven't worked!

Fixing it is possible, but it's gonna be a long, hard process until we locate the problem.

But, before we go on, we'll need to know the exact wording of the error message. Generally, they start with this format: 0x0000007b This number and the numbers following it are important - as is any filename that may be displayed along with it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Incentive

Incentive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:58 PM

kk im on the alpha computer right now i got it reformated (it keeps the computer on for 1 week till it crashs again) but it permanitly crashs the 3rd time the first 2 times it reboots it give me errors and messages then a day later it wont turn on.

Can i find out anything wile im on it?

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

After the first time it fails look in the Event Viewer. See if it will describe what the problem is.

#9 Incentive

Incentive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:41 PM

do you want a screen shot?

#10 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:27 PM

Do you have a warranty on this comp? Cause if so throw it out the window and get a new comp with the warranty. Or force them to give you a new computer. For 3 thousand dollars the damn thing should work.:thumbsup:
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#11 Incentive

Incentive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

Do you have a warranty on this comp? Cause if so throw it out the window and get a new comp with the warranty. Or force them to give you a new computer. For 3 thousand dollars the damn thing should work.:thumbsup:

they did give me a new comp or at least they say and teh exact problem happened the same week then they said no refund :flowers:

and they keep syaing we will fix it sao they keep it in the place for 1 month reformat it give it back and same thing happens they dont wana spend time or money on it :trumpet:

#12 Rizin

Rizin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

http://www.bbb.org/

:thumbsup:...

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:31 PM

As acklan said, check your event viewer for error messages - there'll be at least one for each crash.

Also, search your hard drive for "*.dmp" files (without the quotes). If you find any, go to this link and follow the instructions on how to analyze a dump file (to include the !analyze -v switch. Then, post the results of this and we can have a go at fixing it!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 Incentive

Incentive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:04 PM

As acklan said, check your event viewer for error messages - there'll be at least one for each crash.

Also, search your hard drive for "*.dmp" files (without the quotes). If you find any, go to this link and follow the instructions on how to analyze a dump file (to include the !analyze -v switch. Then, post the results of this and we can have a go at fixing it!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

Will do then i can send a letter to future shop, london drugs, customizing computer shop, alpha computers saying a guy I met on the forums fixed it in 5 min for free.... lol

#15 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:30 PM

Be sure to tell themm where you got it and how good it was :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users