Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up bluetooth on my HP G62 -b18SA laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dando

Dando

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

First of all, I apologise if I'm writing this in the wrong forum. I think its a software issue so that's why I've put it here.
I run an HP G62 - b18SA laptop. Ive had it less than a year. It came with bluetooth on it (got the little icon thingy in the bottom right corner) I also have a motorola Razr V3 phone which I'e had since 2007. Motorola now no longer make this phone or support it or support Motorola phone tools so I cannot download the pics on the phone to the pc. I USED to be able to do it but now it won't work. Motorola tell me the only way to download my most recent pics is by bluetooth but I cannot for the life of me get it to work. The computer runs Windows 7 Home Premium with XP service pack 1. The phone recognises the computer but when I press "select" it seeks G62HPWIN7 and then says "service not supported" or 'Bluetooth link busy' I bought a dongle - a CSR Bluetooth Network adapter which I plugged in, to no avail. I can't get Bluetooth Set Up wizard on the PC. It doesn't seem available. So I'm stuck. I think a driver is missing somewhere. I go round and round on the Microsoft website tryign to find what is wrong to no avail. Please, can someone tell me in simple language what I need to do to download the pics on my mobile phone (Motorola Razr V3) to my PC? It can't be that difficult but I'm nearly in tears of frustration. My apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place!
Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

I know this is of no help with your Bluetooth problem, but as a temporary fix, can you e-mail the pics to yourself?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Dando

Dando
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for your reply. NO I can't email the pics to myself. My motorola RAZR v 3 doesn't have lthat capability. I used to be able to connect the phone to the PC via a cable and immediately, Motorola Phone tools would open and I could download the pictures. Because the phone is now no longer made, it is no longer supported by Motorola and they tell me that they no longer support Motorola Phone Tools either. The only way to get the pics off the phone is by bluetooth. The PC comes, apparently, with bluetooth, which I've never used. I see the symbol on it and my phone can find it but that's as far as we get. I'm certain that somewhere down the line, I need to load some kind of driver to get it to work. I've spent hours Googling for drivers - downloaded all kinds of driver detectors etc but still I can't get it to work. I'm sure someone at Bleeping Computer can give me the 1, 2, 3 of how to do this.
Thanks for your time

Dando

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users