Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Public School Computers Suck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RockerBug17

RockerBug17

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

I'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, but I believe the lackluster performance of the computer I use at school is network related and not hardware related. We're using Dell Latitude E6510 with i5 540M processors and 4GB of RAM. They're fairly current, but lag like CRAZY. My old Pentium D 820 blows them away and I know it should be the other way around. The computers use ZENworks and seem to have administrative privileges removed. I can't right click or install anything without someone from the county coming out and doing it. Talk about a cake job. My school computer is wired into the network though I am unsure of our connection speed.

I'm not experienced in networking, so I may not be much help. However, I am curious as to why these computers lag and if the excessive security restrictions placed on each machine are to blame? That is my best guess.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

What are your results on SpeedTest?

Edited by TheShooter93, 10 October 2011 - 01:01 AM.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users