Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer no longer boots after removal of "security sphere 2012"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gdogg1

gdogg1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi all, I have had an infection of "Security Sphere 2012" yesterday and managed to follow through the guide on here (this one). After completing the removal I restarted the computer and it just crashes a few seconds after the windows xp screen comes up (the one with the loading bar across the screen).
To make matters worse the keyboard stops working after the POST finishes. I can select boot device and get into BIOS setup, but cannot choose safe mode or last good config etc. I have tried booting from winXP CD to get into recovery console but the keyboard has already stopped when the "press any key to boot from cd rom..." appears.

I do have a second copy of windows installed from which I can access the main drive. Using this copy I have managed to run CHKDSK on the main drive but no problems were found.

I am stuck for what I can do next??? any thoughts on what I may have messed up? I can publish the MBAM and RKill logs if it will help?

Thanks in advance
G

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

If your booting from the CD and your keyboard stops working it sounds to me like a hardware fault, not a Windows fault. Unplug your hard drive and see if it makes a difference.

You say you dual boot and the keyboard works fine on the other operating system?

#3 gdogg1

gdogg1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for the fast reply, yes the keyboard and all hardware work fine when I boot from the second drive. It also works fine in BIOS setup or boot device choices, but stops at any point after that.

Do you mean unplug the hard drive that doesn't work and try to get into recovery console?

#4 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

Strange indeed.

No I mean unplug the hard drive and see if the press any key to boot from CD works.

I really can't see how when Windows hasn't even begun to load that it can affect your keyboard. Like I said, strange.

Let us know if you go through the experiment of unplugging the drive and booting off the CD.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

From the guide you quoted:

"If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, then please follow the steps outlined in the topic linked below:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requestiing Help

Please...do not post any malware logs in this forum, unless specifically requested by BC Staff.

I suggest that you follow the instructions in the removal guide which you used...and post in the appropriate malware forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users