Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse keyboard and monitor disabled?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 king_m_s

king_m_s

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

Hello, I have a major problem.

I recently had a virus which caused a start up problem on my computer but I urgently needed to use it
so I decided to reinstall windows 7 rather then sort it out.

unfortunately the computer was custom built and did not come with much software. After I got it running (sort of).
I had no sound, I went to device manager and there was 2 drivers with yellow icons.

This is where my memory fails me, I think one of them was for my network card while the other was for my sound card.

A few months ago I had a problem solved here

I will sumarise it if you dont want to go the link.
my onboard soundcard blew up so I replaced with a pci one, I had to disable onboard sound to enable the pci one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic414311.html

Since there was no sound I thought I had to disable the onboard sound. Unfortunley I think I disabled the wrong device
in device manager. I think it was audio multimedia controller I disabled, the screen froze and my keyboard and mose were not responding
as well as monitor. I pressed restart on the computer and no signal in either the keyboard mouse or monitor.
What can I do to get the signal back?

any help ill be appreciated
my internet access is limited
my computers stats are listed in the post I linked
not sure if this belonged in internal hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

You can reset your BIOS to default settings...by (with power off)removing the CMOS battery for a minute or so...then replacing it.

Then try to boot the system.

Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm

If the system successfully boots, then go back into the CMOS, reset the clock (if necessary), ensure that the boot option is set for hard drive...save the changes by hitting F10.

Louis

#3 king_m_s

king_m_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:45 AM

Thanks alot mate, my pc is running fine thanks to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users