Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audiodg.exe high cpu performance issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kiho

kiho

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hello.

I have a HP Pavillion Ddv6-3230us laptop. 2.4 GHz 4 GB ram, Windows 7 Home Edition

I bought it brand new in January and this morning I got a start up error after reopening the lid (it wasnt hibernating or turned off). I ran the start up recovery utility and it couldn't fix it. I did a sys restore, still couldn't fix it. I followed HP's system recovery tools and ran diagnostic tests and finally decided to perform a back-up and reformat back to factory settings.

After the new install, I updated everything like java, installed AVG. When I try to talk on windows live messenger (my friend has their webcam on, not me) and try to stream a tv show or watch a video, everything starts crackling and freezing. I have gotten the error High CPU Performance from audiodg.exe. I searched for an answer and turned off all enhancements under playback devices. Nothing is fixing this problem. Can you please help?

(I have spoken on windows live and watch these same video streams for months now with no problem until today.)
Thank you,

Kiana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

and finally decided to perform a back-up and reformat back to factory settings.

If you actually formattaed and reinstalled then did you install all drivers starting with the chipset driver? Open device manager - any yellow or red symbols? If you did NOT format and simply used the restore image, that's a different story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users