Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

black screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 guruge

guruge

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

hi i am new here, hope everyone is ok, i have a problem with a black screen on my desktop ( XP pro),
starting in normal mode i get,to "raid config", then nothing else.
starting in safe mode i get to " raid config" then the next page which is black screen full of white text that has lines like,
multi disk rdisk partition etc and ends with something similar to,
Windows System 32 Drivers etc.

any help would be appreciated,thanks palindon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

Hi, welcome to BC! :thumbup2:

While the computer is turning on, tap F8 repeatedly until a black screen with white text appears.

Using your arrow keys highlight the option Safe Mode With Command Prompt and hit Enter.

In command prompt, type chkdsk c: /f /r

Hit Enter.

Reboot the machine.

----------------------------------------------------------

If you're unable to access Safe Mode With Command Prompt, you'll likely need your Windows XP OS DVD.

Do you have it?

Edited by TheShooter93, 01 October 2011 - 12:20 AM.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 guruge

guruge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

hi the shooter 93, thanks for your advice, i will try it and advise accordingly, no i do not have the disc, the version i have in the desktop is a 100% certain genuine version, the computer was custom built and just as this laptop i am using now ( toshiba)which i purchased new, has XP in it, i do not have that disc either.
in future i will try and make sure i get the disc, have a good day, thanks guruge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users