Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping noise from inside/wont power up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 susankadlec

susankadlec

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hello and thanks for being here for us....

Dell Inspiron 4700. Windows XP. Had a blue screen, then black. Was able to shut down. Brought up in Safe Mode once. Then another black....
Now all I get when trying to power up is a sad beeping noise from inside the tower toward the back....and nothing else....
I hope its not bad news.....
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Follow the Beep codes here http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4700/sm/adtshoot.htm#wp1052968
What steps have you taken in resolving the problem? Any changes from software to hardware or issues prior to the unbootable? What beeps do you hear?

Tekken

#3 susankadlec

susankadlec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

Thanks. No steps taken to resolve the problem. It occurred once before and kind of self repaired.....no new installations of either hardware or software.... Will follow up with the link you sent me....Appreciate your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users