Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

disk boot failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 muddigger

muddigger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

i built a new pc for my fiance problem is it wont boot from a dell vista cd. here's what i have and what i have done to this point. 1. barebones kit from tiger includes: gigabyte m68mt-s2p mb, amd phenom x2 550 b.e dual core unlocked 3.1ghz, corsair cvx500 ps, seagate 1.5tb hd, corsair h60 cooler, corsair 4gb ddr3 ram. now last wk i had to get a new m.b because the one originally sent was found to have bad drive controllers, it wouldn't recognize my cd/dvd drive, so i order a new 1 from tiger install it yesturday, and same thing wont install vista, but it did recognize the cd/dvd drive, this time. the message i get is: disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. now i have tried to put in the driver cd for the m.b and get the same message. i have tried changing out the sata cables to no avail same message... tried f12 boot from cd no help disconnected hd, no help, made sure boot list in bios is cd fist, no help. i just keep getting disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. this is w/a dell vista sp1 cd, this because my other system is a dell and thats the os cd it came with and i figured that it would work. although i may be wrong. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

<<i built a new pc for my fiance problem is it wont boot from a dell vista cd.>>

Why would you expect it to?

Dell makes O/S disks for the systems they sell...not for systems which are assembled by any entity other than Dell. To complicate matters even more...there are varying types of disks used with Dell systems and some may require a hidden partition which Dell created on the hard drive of said system manufactured/sold.

Discussion

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users