Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Decoding HTML

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vassant

vassant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hi Friends,

I am fond of books & have a great collection of ebooks of random topics.

One day one of my friend sent me a book with file type of HTML extension.
I want to know from which website this book may have been downloaded, Can you please help me to troubleshoot this issue?
I tried to read HTML source code, but as i am not an IT Genius nor IT professional , i am not yet successful to decode it.

The reason i want to debug this is only because i want to download more ebooks from that website from where this ebook is originated.

For ebook search i generally use Google website entering search term in conjunction with different parameters.

Thank you for sparing your time & have a very beautiful moment ahead

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

That means it can be viewed in a web browser. There is no way you can tell from where it was downloaded unless it has some documentation within the code and it would be plain text. Nothing to decode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users