Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad_pool_caller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rickyrenn

rickyrenn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post so please forgive me if I omit any information or have trouble following some of the instructions given.

I am having a problem booting into windows. Each time I receive a blue screen stating bad_pool_caller -- stop: 0x000000C2, 0x00000040, 0x0000000, 0x8000000, 0x0000000. I have tried rebooting into safe mode in every format but the computer gets hung on windows/system32/drivers/eubakup.sys a driver for EaseUs ToDo backup program I recently installed. The problem is i can't get into windows to access/uninstall/update the driver. I am able to access my hard drive using an ubuntu live cd, but none of my windows xp install disks, recovery disks or boot cds will work. I have xp pro as my primary operating system. I am not familiar with ubuntu so I can't get much to work but at least i was able to backup my important files. System information(as far as I know): 2-500gb NTSF SATA Raid configured mirror hard drives which include a 60mb dell utility partition(fat16) and a 4gb Dellrestore partition(fat32). I have seen some .dmp files in my windows directory, but i can't figure out how to open it. Any help would be appreciated and I will provide as much information as able, so please reply back with whatever else you may need and thank you for any help you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

Try this: reboot, and as soon as you see the blue Welcome screen (does the boot get that far, by the way?) depress and hold down the LEFT CTRL key on your keyboard. If Windows boots, continue holding down that key until the boot is finished. Then uninstall the offending program. If that doesn't work you can try a repair installation - but let's try the first thing first.

#3 rickyrenn

rickyrenn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

Allan, thanks for the quick reply. I tried holding left ctrl button but now seem to go into a continuous rebooting pattern that takes me back to the f8 option screen. Safe mode, Safe with Network, Safe with command, last known and windows normally. The only option that creates any different output are the safe modes which all now get stalled on multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)/windows/system32/Drivers/Mup.sys and then restarted. I'll try repair installation next and it probably wouldn't hurt me to disconnect 2nd monitor and go back to ps2 inputs, so i'll try that and write you back with my results.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

Instructions for repair install: Boot to the XP CD and choose the SECOND repair option, allowing XP to install on top of itself. After completion you'll need to go to Windows Update and download & install all updates (except for hardware & driver related updates, which should never be downloaded from Windows Update - only from the OEM websites). Here is a clear tutorial on how to perform a repair install: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users