Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo
- - - - -

How To Enable Or Disable The Windows Xp Security Center Alerts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:20 AM

How to enable or disable the Windows XP Security Center alerts

Guide Overview

This guide explains how to enable/disable the Windows XP Security Center alerts in your taskbar. If you have a firewall or antivirus software not recognized by Microsoft's Security Center you may receive alerts stating that you do not have a firewall or antivirus software installed. This guide will explain how to disable these alerts if necessary and enable them if you wish.

Instructions
  • Click on the Start button and then click on Run

• In the Open: field, type wscui.cpl and press OK button.

• In the resources section on the left side of the Security Center click on the link labeled Change the way Security Center alerts me.

• To enable a particular alert, place a checkmark next to it. To disable the alert, remove the checkmark.

• Press the OK button.

• Close the Security Center window.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Cristie

Cristie

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

Greetings; This was pretty much the topic I was looking for. I have the MS UPdates configured to notify me but not automatically download, and when I receive notification, I am just stumped....Why do our PCs need weekly updates?? I feel somewhat suspicious of these downloads and after a recent destructive reformat, one of the first things on my Restore Calendar is KB91586 5, which refers to something I do not have on XP Home.

Also recently, I do not have Help and Support available, and some options on the RUN menu (msconfig). When I click on System INformation, I get the msg "Help and Support cannot run because a system service is not running."

Thank you....Cristie

#3 Zhor

Zhor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:15 AM

How to enable or disable the Windows XP Security Center alerts

Guide Overview

This guide explains how to enable/disable the Windows XP Security Center alerts in your taskbar. If you have a firewall or antivirus software not recognized by Microsoft's Security Center you may receive alerts stating that you do not have a firewall or antivirus software installed. This guide will explain how to disable these alerts if necessary and enable them if you wish.

Instructions
  • Click on the Start button and then click on Run

• In the Open: field, type wscui.cpl and press OK button.

• In the resources section on the left side of the Security Center click on the link labeled Change the way Security Center alerts me.

• To enable a particular alert, place a checkmark next to it. To disable the alert, remove the checkmark.

• Press the OK button.

• Close the Security Center window.

You make may day....thanks!!

let me ask you something that no one knows, I have 2 hard drives each one with XP, the fastest take 70 secconds to fully load windows until conection icon apears, this one when the windows xp logo appears after 15 secconds after hitting the power button imideatly the Hard drvie led activity starts.....the other waste 15 secconds doing nothing and then the HDD led begins, so this drive throw away 15 secconds at the beguining of windows xp logo appears.

I have wasted like 40 hours of google serch looking for someone that can help me to avoid this delay.

Who is encharge of booting procedure and if there any settings for this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Zhor, 26 February 2017 - 01:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users