How to enable or disable the Windows XP Security Center alerts
This guide explains how to enable/disable the Windows XP Security Center alerts in your taskbar. If you have a firewall or antivirus software not recognized by Microsoft's Security Center you may receive alerts stating that you do not have a firewall or antivirus software installed. This guide will explain how to disable these alerts if necessary and enable them if you wish.
- Click on the Start button and then click on Run
- In the Open: field, type wscui.cpl and press OK button.
- In the resources section on the left side of the Security Center click on the link labeled Change the way Security Center alerts me.
- To enable a particular alert, place a checkmark next to it. To disable the alert, remove the checkmark.
- Press the OK button.
- Close the Security Center window.