Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe running consuming a lot of memory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Myq

Myq

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Lately, my windows explorer has been running at an incredibly high rate. Likely a virus on my system, but I don't know what. Malwarebytes keeps picking up spyware and adware and whatnot, and I run the full scan, supposedly get rid of the issues, and then restart my computer as it requests, but it seems that my computer is still running very slow. Additionally, I've got some form of Google search redirect virus. Every time I click a link, it redirects me to a different website than what I was looking for. Apparently Malwarebytes either cannot find, or is incapable of removing the issue. I made sure the version I have is the most recent.

Any ideas? I'm attaching a photo of the insanely high memory usage, so please, if you see anything out of the ordinary, let me know.

If any other information will help, please tell me!

Thank you!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Myq

Myq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

I also attempted the classic system restore move, but have been getting this error...

And I have tried to revert back to two different checkpoints.

Attached Files

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Closed this ,,,has AII topic here,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic421638.html/page__gopid__2427939#entry2427939
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users