Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen shot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

I have Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to make a screen shot of a web page and then e-mail that web page to someone? Thank you very much. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

After you paste it into Paint and save it, atttach it to an email.

#3 Murrar

Murrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

I have a laptop. When I press the "Prnt Scrn" button nothing happens. Where is the "Fn" or "Function" key? Thank you very much. Murrar

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

If you have a Firefox browser, you could also use the Pixlr Grabber Addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pixlr-grabber/
You could the use Grab options by Whole or Part of the webpage by right-clicking within the browser-Grab.
When saving click Crop and go to your folder or desktop location by saving as PNG format. If you want to change to JPEG type, right-click saved webpage then use open with Paint/Paint.net then save format type to JPEG.

Edited by jhayz, 30 September 2011 - 08:11 PM.

Tekken

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

I have a laptop. When I press the "Prnt Scrn" button nothing happens. Where is the "Fn" or "Function" key? Thank you very much. Murrar

Did you follow the directions step by step?

You won't see anything happen when you press Print Scrn.

Just press it, open Paint, and paste into Paint.

There is no one Function key. These are the ones labled F1, F2, etc.

http://www.compukiss.com/basics/function-keys.html

You could also use one of the screen capture utilities listed here in post #3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic366982.html

I use Screen Hunter. If using this one go to the From page in Screen Hunter and check the box that says Full screen.

Then go to To and set up a place for the screen shots to be saved if you don't want to use the default folder/location. I save mine in a folder called Screenhunter in My Pictures.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 October 2011 - 08:30 AM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

I have a laptop. <snip> Where is the "Fn" or "Function" key? <snip>

Not all Fn or Function modifier keys are in the same location on laptops. What is the make and model of your laptop and we might be able to help you locate it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thank you Animal. I don't have a laptop so I have no experience with the F keys on them.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

You're quite welcome Q-E. Teamwork FTW!

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:58 AM

Murrar, it may be easier to just click on File while in the website you want to share. Then select Send > Page or Link by email.

Your email program will open with a New Message already started showing the Link to the website. All you have to do is add the address of the person you want to send it to.

Posted Image

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#10 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

W7, I think, comes with a "snipping tool" utility that allows you to capture all or a selected portion of a screen,then save it as a .jpeg to your hard drive. You can then attach it to an E-mail.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users