Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RKill,MBAM,SuperAntiSpyware all dead

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 usmc4295

usmc4295

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Hello you great people at bleeping computer,after many years of much needed help and usually simple fixes I have read from many many articles I now turn to you in complete desperation. I have managed to snag me something rather nasty,first little description of my comp,running XP on an old amd 64 4000+ with 3 gb ram,now windows will not boot normally it gets to the loading screen and the computer restarts,this will go on indefinately,I can hit F8 and pull up "load previously known good configuration" and voila boots perfectly and everything seems to work great for exactly 7 minutes 30 seconds after which I am unable to run any executable or any program shoot even hitting ctrl-alt-del to pull up tskmgr is a no-go,now the only thing here is if I manage to get firefox open for instance it will run until I shut off my computer with some serious website redirections but I can work around that,obviously I am posting here lol. I am not an amateur with this and have been trying every backdoor thing I can think of and this is what happens. First thing soon as windows is loaded leaving me about a 5 minute window to work or so I run RKill, nothing is shutdown or logged,ok beautiful,attempt to run MBAM,starts off fine gets about 30 seconds into the scan and shuts off,try to restart MBAM and get an error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file" Same thing goes for RKill this time around Superantispyware even tried avg. By this point my screen flashes everything looks the same with one minor difference,the programs in the bottom right hand corner go from being double tiled top and bottom to straight across with the old win 98 style look on the toolbar,please any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

P.S. can run all antispyware software in safemode but all showup showing zero results same thing with rkill

Josh

Edited by usmc4295, 29 September 2011 - 05:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Spartacus1

Spartacus1

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Try running Kaspersky Rescue CD (http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk)

Edited by Spartacus1, 29 September 2011 - 06:00 PM.

May thou virus bow at thy mercy when you come to me...

#3 usmc4295

usmc4295
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

ok tried that all last night everytime even in safe mode I got the same error "Error 0x800000c0 has been encountered when creating the USB rescue disk" same error when trying to burn a cd any advice?

#4 usmc4295

usmc4295
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

I fixed it,format and re-install worked like a champ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users