Imediately Windows told me I was "infected with spyware."
I would imagine this was a fake virus warning
, and was not actually from Windows
You will need a specialist tool to remove what might be the infection. I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log
for an expert to review. I bet you are wondering what HijackThis is. Well it's a program that is simply able to show others what's going on inside your computer, in terms of infection etc..
I recommend you follow the HijackThis
preparation guide which can be found here
. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.
As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis
" log in a new topic in the forum found here
. Please add your system infomation
and also what problems you are having. Please wait for a few days and one of our experts will get onto fixing your computer for you.
In addition run Panda scan, and post the log that is created in the topic you will create later on:
Please go HERE
to run Panda's ActiveScan
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report in the new topic as i said.