Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio laptop very slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saika21

saika21

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hi, I have a sony vaio laptop 'vgn-ns30es' and for the past week it has slowed down considerably. I'm not really sure what the problem could be but it is quite slow on when I'm on the internet or when I'm just using the laptop ie using Word etc. I have noticed some spikes on the CPU usage going up to 100% now but can't seem to figure out whats wrong with it. I have scanned it with Mcafee and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but this hasn't helped. Any help is much appreciated. I have also rebooted it with all the start up programs taken off. Please let me know if it is a possible infection or how I can resolve this. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Spartacus1

Spartacus1

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

Try running RKill (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/rkill) then scanning again.
May thou virus bow at thy mercy when you come to me...

#3 saika21

saika21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

ive just completed it. it hasnt found anything. I ran malwarebytes after it. any other suggestions. any help is much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users