Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Links From Seperate Folders Inop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trontweeker

Trontweeker

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

This is not a real problem but more of an annoyance. Before I reformatted my HD, I saved all of my Internet links on a seperate drive and now have them in a desktop folder. They have worked in the past however now when I click on them I simply get the dumb stupid look. They highlight but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Yes...you have to put the individual items in Favorites folder under your identity in Docs & Settings...for them to appear IE under Favorites.

Example: Mine are at C:\Documents and Settings\Louis\Favorites.

If you want to remove items from Favorites...same location, delete the individual items.

If you move the folder you currently have them in...to the Favorites, you would then have to click Favorites\That Folder to access the items.

Cut-and-paste works for the move/transfer.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users