Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What happened to Infopackets?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richierein

richierein

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

I had been subscribing to a newsletter called Infopackets for the past three years. It generally included articles about the Windows Operating Systems and related information. Suddenly last week it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth without any notice. I'm unable to reach their server. They no longer respond to email. Infopackets was by far the most informative periodical about Windows. Does anyone know what happened to them?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

I wasn't able to find anything that explains the disappearance of Infopackets. However their Facebook and Twitter feeds both stopped on Sept. 22 2011. Also down for everyone or just me? shows their site link is in fact down: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.infopackets.com/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,051 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

I was able to call up the infopackets website and navigate in it just fine. I note, however, that there is nothing newer than Sept. 21 posted. Down for everyone? Now shows that the site is up as well.

Also was able to find their Twitter page, but nothing new since Sept. 22

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,051 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

Infopackets is back up and running. They had server issues.

See: http://www.infopackets.com/news/announcements/2011/20111003_infopackets_back_online_new_server_and_more.htm

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users