Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bush/gov't Spying

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

What do you think about the illegal Bush wire tappings?

How does it make you feel?

What would you like to do?

Please provide any comments or opinions about this.

btw: I'm shocked, no one has started one of these yet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 What The Who

What The Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

I think our President may have inadvertently made the general populace somewhat uncomfortable discussing topics like this.

I personally have no opinion on this action of our President. :thumbsup:

:flowers:
"If it doesn't make sense... It's probably true."

- Arlo Guthrie

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

What do you think about the illegal Bush wire tappings?

What would you like to do?

That's a loaded question. It has not yet been shown to be illegal. There are genuine differences of opinion whether or not Bush exceeded his authority.

Keep in mind we are talking about intercepting the communications between known or suspected overseas terrorists and US residents (may or may not be US citizens). This is NOT listening in to you talking to your brother in Detroit.

As for what to do - we need to find out who leaked this information that is unquestionable damaging to our national security and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

Edited by ddeerrff, 28 January 2006 - 10:12 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:43 PM

i think we gotta do whatever it takes to get rid of (or decrease ) terrorism, so im all for it.

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

Lets face it the government just mearly told us what its probably been doing for the last 10 years or so (right lets trust people who think of donkeys (insert synonym here) and elephants as good mascots to tell us the truth or have common sense) and told us straight up what he is doing (apparently not to bright) and educated those around these terrorist circles to use a differant form of communication.

I have no side b/c I have nothing to hide.

Posted Image

#6 hvacer

hvacer

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

btw: I'm shocked, no one has started one of these yet.

thats because this effects people about as much as gay marriage.....NONE.

problem is you give any beaurocrat an inch, they'll take a mile. as soon as private industry was allowed to pull eminant domain, my house was TAKEN by the govt and given to an art gallery.....yeah I said an ART GALLERY. there is an art gallery three blocks away that no one goes to but the employees. now I find out the art gal is the pet of an officials daughter. its cool though, only cost me about 20,000 bucks no biggie. scumbags.

Things like this are what makes it a debatable subject. Now, terrorism is real. This is one of the very few things this filthy administration has done that doesnt bother me. tell ya what, if you fought for your civil liberties in this case and 500 people die, and it may possibly have been prevented by better intelligence from wire taps...........go to the tallest building in your town and jump off it. take the easy way out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users