Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Output Device is installed...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 farkouh

farkouh

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

I'm pretty sure you guys have seen this before; sound icon with a little x over it. I tried Google-ing a solution but none of the suggestions I found there were helpful. I'm posting 2 pictures up to, maybe, give you guys an idea of what the issue can be.

Additional information: the laptop at hand tries to install new drivers but fails everytime. No idea why. It tries to install a bluetooth driver.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by farkouh, 28 September 2011 - 07:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:52 AM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
2) Laptop drivers should always - and only - be obtained from the website of the laptop manufacturer. I suggest you go there and download the appropriate drivers and install them. You might want to start by downloading and reinstalling the chipset (or smbus) driver.

#3 farkouh

farkouh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Well as for question 1, nothing is different much really. I didn't update anything but then again it is my sister's laptop, so I wouldn't know everything, I guess. What I can tell you is that this problem came up round about the same time that another problem ("this copy of windows is not genuine") popped up. Fixed the other one (forgot how but it was quite easy) and we're left with this one.

It attempts to install that driver all on its own; I tried to do an "Update Driver" but not much after that. So I have no idea where it's getting the driver from.

P.S Forgot to mention that it's a Vaio (if that's of any relevance).

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

What Vaio model? Did you install a different operating system?

Tekken

#5 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

What's the make and model of the problem PC?

If you know that, you can go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest audio drivers.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

It attempts to install that driver all on its own; I tried to do an "Update Driver" but not much after that. So I have no idea where it's getting the driver from.

It's up to YOU to install the drivers. Again, go to the Sony website and download and install the appropriate drivers for your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users