Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to instal windows 7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 andrewe_66

andrewe_66

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

So I have this computer that I am trying to install windows 7 on. And I get the error code message 0x80070570. Yep probably been talked about before. This is a fresh Install on new Hard drive. So I am doing a custom install it gets to 3% unpack and I get that error code. Any ideas thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dgilbert

dgilbert

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

Have you tried just clicking OK and restarting the install without rebooting?

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi -
This is a copy of the advice given to me by a M/soft employee when I was using a Factory Install to repair a problem.

Some of it may relate to your problem, and some may not. See if anything helps or you can always contact M/soft support -
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=14019&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn
A link to M/soft support -

Regards -

I understand that you will be receiving the Windows re-installation disc.

Once you have received the disc, you can perform a repair installation from following the steps below:

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD into the computer and then open setup.exe.
2. Click on the Install Now button to start the installation.

3. Uncheck the I want to help make Windows installation better box (unless you want to), and click on the Do not go online to get the latest updates for installation option.
5. Check the I accept the license terms box and click on Next.
6. Click on the Upgrade option.
7. The installation of Windows 7 will now begin.
NOTE: During the installation process, your screen may flash and computer will restart a few times.
8. After the final restart, you will see this screen for a moment.
9. Type in your Windows 7 product key number in case it prompts.
10. Uncheck the Automatically activate Windows when I'm online box unchecked, then click on the Next button.
NOTE: You can activate Windows 7 later after you make sure it is running properly.
If you chose to automatically activate Windows online when you set up your computer, automatic activation begins trying to activate your copy of Windows three days after you log on for the first time.
11. Click on Use recommended settings to allow automatic Windows Updates and proper security settings.
12. Select your time zone and set your time and date settings, then click on the Next button.
13. Click on your computer's correct network location type location to select it and have the settings for that location automatically applied.
14. Windows 7 will now prepare your desktop to startup.

EDITED - Added link to M/soft support -

Edited by noknojon, 28 September 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#4 Aaravkmr

Aaravkmr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:12 AM

Hi,,

Nice information.

#5 andrewe_66

andrewe_66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

Yes I have tried the restart thing many many times. I did contact MS support, little help apart from the fact they wanted an extra $59 to fix the problem, never known anybody to charge extra for a new product. Question they must have sent you a new disk?

#6 andrewe_66

andrewe_66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

I also found that the error code is about Sata drivers cant unpack I notice in the bios that there are no Sata settings

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

What system manufacturer and model?

What version of Windows?

Source of disk you are attempting to use for install?

Louis

#8 andrewe_66

andrewe_66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

It's self built pc, Asus motherboard P5Vdc-MX 2M ram IDE HD Pentium 4 3.3MHZ Windows 7 PRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users