Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes and buzzes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 claryfray

claryfray

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

My computer has been freezing a whole lot and buzzes from the speaker. Music I have playing gets disorted and turns into a buzz. It can remain frozen from 10seconds to a minute and half. The freezing and buzzing goes of by its own but my downloads get disconnected. This desktop is very new, about a month and half old so I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
8192MB RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VitalTech

VitalTech

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Do you know if it started happening after something new was installed?

Does the system still freeze if you are using it in safe mode?

Does the freezing happen on its own even if the computer is idle or only when you are doing something in particular?

#3 claryfray

claryfray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

I remember the buzzing started happening out of the blue. I haven't tried it out in safe mode because the freezing happens at any time. It freezes no matter what I'm doing but I'm still in the middle of testing whether it happens more when a particular program is run.

#4 claryfray

claryfray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Okay I think my iTunes is causing this problem. It's pretty bad when I have iTunes running in the background but it did buzz once or twice without the iTunes running too. I installed iTunes a couple of days after I brought my new computer home so I have no idea why this problem is happening now. Any ideas?

#5 claryfray

claryfray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

It's not just iTunes causing it. I could be watching a Youtube video, or any form of video online and it freezes. It seems to freeze more with Chrome than Firefox especially when I have 5 or more windows open.

Also could someone take a look at this and see if it holds the answer to my problem?

Attached File  compprobs.png   56.03KB   4 downloads

Thank you.

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

It should still be under warranty. Have you called tech support at the maker. Back up everything first just in case.

There may be a known issue that they have a fix for.

Good Luck

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users