Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware=BSOD and No SAFE mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deffpony

deffpony

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

So i recently got infected with some spyware.
I installed Spyware doctor but it wouldnt run. I read somewhere that the virus can attack the program so I uninstalled Spyware doctor and restarted. I attempted to start in safe mode with networking but a blue screen flashed and rebooted my pc. It did this with all options even starting normal. So I booted my recovery console and completed the following commands:

chkdsk /p
chkdsk /r
fixboot

This did not solve the problem. I then completed a repaired installation of Win XP. Upon restart it no longer allows me to access the advance options in order to boot in SAFE mode which I assume is normal. It gets slightly further in loading windows when the blue screen appears again and it reboots. The blue screen message flashes quickly so i had to take a picture of it to see what it said. "The error seems to be cause by the following file:"

nv4_mini.sys

And at the bottom it displays

0x000000CE (0xB53346E0.0x00.

I have HBCD but Im unaware how to use it properly. I would like it if I could get Windows working without having to lose my data. I understand that with HBCD I can back up my files but Id much rather fix the current issue seeing as I have alot of data that would take a long time to backup and then reinstall. Thanks in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 28 September 2011 - 11:59 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deffpony

deffpony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Ok I got safe MODE to work but when it loads up my mouse and keyboard dont work and it shows me an error. "Windows could not find OEM/bin/un7zip.exe"

Edited by deffpony, 28 September 2011 - 11:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users