Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Trojan Horse/ Malworm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Temptress

Temptress

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Good day everyone, I have ran into a problem with my computer. Just after the New Year I have started having a problem to where my computer turns itself automatically off without any warning. You can be in the middle of playing games or just browsing the internet period when it just shuts off. There was a trojan horse sought/ found, when I ran the AVG antivirus scan. I asked it to heal it, I went into the virus vault and deleted the problem thinking it was fixed. To my surprise it is not. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go forth on trying to find out the problem on the puter and fixing it without going to a puter tech and paying big money to fix the problem, if I am able to try myself to do so? I also run AD-ware SE and spy bot search and distroy as well.
I have had my computer properly reformated just before Christmas, and I do all the computer scans once a month and the virus/ spyware scan once a week. I have tried using the trend micro free scan for the virus /trojan horse scan but it comes up as nothing there. But I am absolutely sure that there is something there? Is there anyway of spoofing up my spyware/ antivirus thing so that I can possibly detect the problem and get rid of it?
I do appoligize if I have posted in the wrong forum but I couldn't figure out where to put this post as there is lots to look at for posts and unsure of what my problem really is.
I thank you very much for your help in advance and I hope someone can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers: Temptress , glad to make your aquaintance.
I would recommend you follow the instructions in our tutorial to cure your PC.. Here

It will take several days for someone to reply as the HJT team is very busy,but they are very capable.
Please follow the instructions carefully and you will be helped.
Thanks
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users