Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

openSUSE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:16 AM

Two part question, is openSUSE still popular? Can I install it on my backup disk with out dual-boot problems, I don't know how to partition the main hdd.Thanks.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

aud yes still a popular distro
not here is link on how to partition and add suse
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-login/393505-opensuse-11-0-installation-partition-settings.html
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for the response. I have a 500 gig hdd and a 750 gig which I do full backups to. I'd like to use my 64 bit dvd of openSUSE to format and partition the 2nd hdd. Will this interfere with my windows backup?
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#4 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

aud check out this link

http://en.opensuse.org/Hardware_requirements
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users