Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Same issue with two different computers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 John896

John896

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

I own a computer from the Asus Essentio line, which has worked great for a year or two now, specs:

AMD Phenon II X6 Processor

8 GB of ram

ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics

Obviously not top of the line but it gets the job done (at least it used to).
This computer would run games like Minecraft, Teamfortess 2, League of Legends, without a problem.

Recently a second computer was bought in the same household, also being a an asus essentio.
Same specs, but I believe the graphics card is integrated on the second computer, and not on the first one.

Both are store bought and haven't been modified in anyway.

We plugged the computer in across the room from the first computer, set it up, and everything was fine. We set up a homegroup (both computers being win7) to share files, no issues with it.
Nothing else downloaded at all on this computer.

I downloaded one of the games that it should have no trouble running (minecraft), and was experiencing major fps issues. Disappointed thinking that the computers graphics card wasn't up to par, I ran the game on the other computer. It also had an fps drop. At this point I thought it the game not the computer, but I tried several different games all having major fps lag.

So a computer that used to run these things fine a day ago can't run any of them efficiently, and the new computer that should run them can't either.

I've disconnected from the homegroup, scanned for viruses, tried all of these games without the ethernet cable plugged in (to confirm that's it's not internet in some way)

I've already updated drivers, as well.

What would cause this to happen to both computers?
If you need more information just ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users