Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stubborn Pop-Up Nightmare

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fullbugged

fullbugged

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Hi, I really hope someone here can help me with this pop-up that appears every 15-30 minutes without fail, been trying to get rid of this for months without success, I also tried another computer support forum, and that didn't work either, I will outline what I did there....
I'm on a Windows XP Home Toshiba laptop, SP3, and use MSE and Comodo Firewall...
Here is the pop-up that I cannot get rid of...

Posted Image

At the other forum, they had me run the following programs-
Hijackthis
Jotti's malware scan
Malwarebytes
ComboFix
SysProt Antirootkit
RootRepeal - Rootkit Detector
DDS
OTL
ESET OnlineScan
Bootkit Remover by eSage Lab

After all that, it STILL pops up, I have never encountered anything on my computer I have had such a hard time tracking down, can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

Hi fullbugged,

Since you have already run Combofix, please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users